JOBS & ECONOMY
620,000 New Private Sector Jobs
Frank Artiles knows what it takes to get Florida’s economy on track. As a business owner, State Representative Frank Artiles understands that the best way to jump start Florida’s economy is to put Floridians back to work. Representative Artiles has served with a delegation that has seen Florida’s job market increase every year since 2010.
- Florida leads the nation in job creation. —Miamiherald.com 4-18-14.
- Miami Dade County led the state’s metro areas, adding 36,400 non- agricultural jobs in the last year. — Miamiherald.com 8-15-14.
- Since July 2012 Florida has created 403,300 private sector jobs. — Joint Economic committee 8-14.
Companies like Hertz, Office Depot and Office Max are relocating their headquarters to Florida. — USAtoday.com 1-7-14.
CS/CS/HB 7015 – MILITARY AND VETERAN SUPPORT by Smith
- Florida prides itself on supporting our troops. We want our heroes to be able to come home to our state and adjust to civilian life more easily. The Legislature passed this bill to make Florida the “welcome home” state for our veterans.
- We want to encourage our veterans and their spouses to get an education and choose a career path that provides the best future for themselves and their families.
- To be competitive in the job market after their time in the service, many service members and veterans choose to pursue higher education. With this bill, we are making obtaining an education easier for these brave men and women.
CS/CS/HB 7007 – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT by Trujillo
- House Republicans have led the way in promoting policies that encourage and support economic growth, innovation and opportunity.
- As a result, Florida’s economy has continued to improve and more Floridians are able to find jobs and pursue their dreams.
- Incentives are an important part of Florida’s economic development toolbox. However, we want to ensure that taxpayers are able to receive a return on their investment.
- This bill will allow Florida to continue to compete to bring more jobs to the state while protecting taxpayers’ dollars and increasing transparency and accountability.