The Florida House of Representatives
Office of the Clerk
Page & Messenger Program
Members and House Staff:
This is just a friendly reminder that the Page & Messenger Program is accepting applications for the 2016 Regular Session. There is still plenty of time to turn in applications before the deadline, November 25, 2015.
Notifications to Page & Messenger Program applicants will be sent out the first week of December, 2015, to let students know which week they will be serving during session. Each member’s office will also receive an email detailing the week(s) their sponsored student(s) will be serving.
A few reminders about the program:
- Pages are students ages 12-14, Messengers are ages 15-18.
- How you select students to participate in the program is completely up to you.
- I cannot guarantee placement of any student whose application is turned in after the deadline – November 25, 2015.
- Students are placed in one of their 3 weeks of choice on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pages and Messengers serve the entire House of Representatives, not individual members.
- Members may sponsor 1 Page and 1 Messenger.
If you need to sponsor more than 1 Page or Messenger, please contact my office.
If you choose to sponsor more than 1 Page and 1 Messenger:
- Please wait to submit your applications until you are sure you will not be submitting any more.
- Select your top Page and Messenger for the program – all others will be placed on the alternates list.
- I will try to accommodate every student I can into the program, but not all students will be placed.
- Remember, we do ask for a donation of $20 per student to help provide snacks, supplies, and entertainment.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Application deadline – November 25, 2015
- 2016 Regular Session – January 12 through March 11
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – January 18, 2016
If you have any questions or concerns about the program, please feel free to contact me.
Civics Program Coordinator
Florida House of Representatives
Office of the Clerk